Lecturer: Jacqueline Williams
An understanding of the fundamentals of accounting and related principles is essential for
- Those working in accounting and finance functions
- Those who provide information and support to these functions
- Staff who receive information from the finance and accounting departments.
This course will provide an in-depth understanding of how transactions are recorded, processed and presented in an organisation’s books and accounts.
Delegates will leave the course able to prepare a basic set of accounts, and understanding how the common accounting adjustments are made at the end of an accounting period.
- The legal need to prepare accounts
- The basic accounting ledgers
- Entering and posting transactions - debits and credits
- Preparing the trial balance
- Extracting the profit and loss account
- The balance sheet and its audit trail
- Adjusting for accruals and prepayments
- Valuing fixed assets and depreciation
Two day course 09.30 – 17.00 each day
|Scheduled Course Dates
29 - 30 July 2013
16 - 17 September 2013
13 - 14 November 2013